Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Cheer

I'm hoping that everyone had a Merry Christmas.  This was a year of aprons for Christmas.  My daughter, Anna, and her friend, Aparna, are learning to bake pies, and I thought they should have their own aprons.  The aprons are from a pattern called "Church Ladies Aprons".  Anna also got the new Inglenook Cookbook, published by the Church of the Brethren.  This is a new edition.  I remember my mother cooking from the Inglenook Granddaughter's Cookbook when I was young.


I love this picture of these beautiful ladies and their pies--a Kentucky Derby and a black raspberry.  They were delicious!

I made an apron for my friend, Jani, also.  Jani is always willing to share her stash with me--and you quilters know what a big deal that is!  I love her fabrics.  As a matter of fact, this "cat" fabric came from her stash.



                                           I love that these aprons are also reversible.

I made poinsettia wall hangings for my friend, Betty Sue, and for my daughter-in-law, Jae.  I bought the pattern at Ruth's Stitchery in Colorado Springs this past fall.  The petals are 3- dimensional, giving a nice appearance to the wall hanging.  The background is flecked with gold, a Stonehenge fabric.


This memory bear was not a Christmas gift, but it was a gift I made for my daughter, Anna.  It is made from a pair of gray pants that she got for graduation for her Grandpa Gentry.  She wore out the pants but hated to get rid of them.  The bear is made from a pattern I got from my friend, Fay.  He is wearing a little flannel shirt like Grandpa Gentry would be wearing.


Even though Christmas is over, I still have a couple of things to make for my granddaughters.  They will be visiting from Colorado Springs next week.  You will have to check back later to see what I am making for them.

Wishing everyone a Very Happy New Year filled with Peace, Love, and Joy!

3 comments:

  1. I love the aprons and those pies sound delicious. The bear is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hear it for pie! Anna and her friend look very domestic in their lovely aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their aprons are just adorable and who doesn't love pie?

    ReplyDelete